Cisco is inviting application developers who “think outside the box”, to innovate and promote the concept of the network as a platform. This is your opportunity to build exciting Linux based applications on the Cisco Application Extension Platform (AXP), and win a share of the total prize pool valued at US $100,000.
But what is AXP?
Cisco Application Extension Platform (AXP) is an open network platform for application development, integration and hosting. It is a service module on the Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR). AXP realizes the “Network as a Platform” vision of Cisco while bringing collaborative partnerships and accelerating innovation.
Cisco AXP offers the following features:
- Linux-based integration environment to develop applications that run on routers.
Certified libraries to implement C, Python, Perl, and Java applications(http web server and SSH are also supported).
- Service APIs for integrating applications into the network.
- Multiple applications can run in their own virtual instance with the ability to segment and guarantee CPU, memory, and disk resources.
- Applications can be tightly integrated with Cisco ISRs; this is a key advantage of using Cisco AXP for hosting, compared to using other server-based solutions.
wow! COOOOL and if I would partecipate to the “challange”, what should I do?
There are two phases, the first from October 14, 2008 to January 12, 2009 and the second from February 2009 to May 2009.
- All submissions will be reviewed by a team of experts from Cisco and their decision is deemed final.
- All proposals will be judged on the following basis:
- Innovation (35%)
- Leveraging the AXP platform (35%)
- Feasibility (20%)
- Project Plan and Documentation (10 %)
- All implementations will be evaluated by a panel of experts from Cisco and other reputable organizations.
- Functionality Coverage (30%)
- Architecture (35%)
- Demonstration of Product Capabilities (30%)
- Documentation (5%)
Do you think that this challange is for you? Go to the Cisco AXP challange site, propose your project and if you win… remember me