Some vulnerabilities have been reported in Cisco ASA and PIX appliances, which can be exploited by malicious people to disclose sensitive information, and by malicious users and malicious people to cause a DoS (Denial of Service).
Multiple vulnerabilities exist in the Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances and Cisco PIX Security Appliances that may result in a reload of the device or disclosure of confidential information. This security advisory outlines details of the following vulnerabilities:
- Erroneous SIP Processing Vulnerabilities
- IPSec Client Authentication Processing Vulnerability
- SSL VPN Memory Leak Vulnerability
- URI Processing Error Vulnerability in SSL VPNs
- Potential Information Disclosure in Clientless VPNs
Note: These vulnerabilities are independent of each other. A device may be affected by one vulnerability and not affected by another. Cisco has released free software updates that address these vulnerabilities. Workarounds that mitigate some of these vulnerabilities are available.