Write a linux application and win US $50,000!
Cisco is inviting application developers who “think outside the box”, to innovate and promote the concept of the network as a platform. This is your opportunity to build exciting Linux based applications on the Cisco Application Extension Platform (AXP), and win a share of the total prize pool valued at US $100,000.
But what is AXP?
Cisco Application Extension Platform (AXP) is an open network platform for application development, integration and hosting. It is a service module on the Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR). AXP realizes the “Network as a Platform” vision of Cisco while bringing collaborative partnerships and accelerating innovation.
Cisco AXP offers the following features:
- Linux-based integration environment to develop applications that run on routers.
Certified libraries to implement C, Python, Perl, and Java applications(http web server and SSH are also supported).
- Service APIs for integrating applications into the network.
- Multiple applications can run in their own virtual instance with the ability to segment and guarantee CPU, memory, and disk resources.
- Applications can be tightly integrated with Cisco ISRs; this is a key advantage of using Cisco AXP for hosting, compared to using other server-based solutions.
wow! COOOOL and if I would partecipate to the “challange”, what should I do?
There are two phases, the first from October 14, 2008 to January 12, 2009 and the second from February 2009 to May 2009.
- All submissions will be reviewed by a team of experts from Cisco and their decision is deemed final.
- All proposals will be judged on the following basis:
- Innovation (35%)
- Leveraging the AXP platform (35%)
- Feasibility (20%)
- Project Plan and Documentation (10 %)
- All implementations will be evaluated by a panel of experts from Cisco and other reputable organizations.
- Functionality Coverage (30%)
- Architecture (35%)
- Demonstration of Product Capabilities (30%)
- Documentation (5%)
Do you think that this challange is for you? Go to the Cisco AXP challange site, propose your project and if you win… remember me
Enter your email address to receive notifications of new posts.