How to create shortcut command
Cisco IOS permits to define a shortcut to complex command. An alias can be configured to do anything that can be done at the command line, but an alias cannot move between modes, type in passwords, or perform any interactive functions.
To create a command alias, issue the alias command in global configuration mode. The syntax of the command is alias mode command-alias original-command. Who have never typed repeatedly the commands show cdp neigh or show ip inter brief?
Some helpful alias could be:
- scn -> show cdp neighbor
- command: alias exec scn show cdp neighbor
- ifconfig -> show ip interface brief
- command: alias exec ifconfig show ip interface brief
- sint [interface number] ->show run interface fastEthernet
- command: alias exec sint show run interface fastethernet
- proc -> show proc cpu | excl 0.00%__0.00%__0.00%
- command: alias exec proc show proc cpu | excl 0.00%__0.00%__0.00
- eth0 -> interface fastethernet0/0
- command: alias configure eth0 interface fastethernet0/0
- ns -> no shutdown
- command: alias interface ns no shutdown
Tips: if you would create an alias for ‘interface mode’ and ‘priviledge mode’, you must define the same alias for the two environment. See you below:
alias configure sir do show ip route alias interface sir do show ip route
Remember: There are some built-in command aliases:
Ciscozine#sh aliases Exec mode aliases: h help lo logout p ping r resume s show u undebug un undebug w where Ciscozine#
- Why street cabinets are not safe for your data: AUTHOR: AD KOOLEN COMPUMATICA In my role as trusted ... http://t.co/GER4sdAmoA #security
- The Pirate Bay Returns From The Dead: A wave of excitement in The Pirate Bay lovers. After almost two... http://t.co/YjXq8tUcPG #hackers
- Ransomweb and Ransomware explained: Cybercriminals are using hacked websites to generate an online i... http://t.co/mes3QhA3ek #security
Enter your email address to receive notifications of new posts.