Cisco I-Prize: join and win $250,000
Cisco announces its second Cisco I-Prize contest. In this open, global competition entrepreneurs submit proposals and collaborate to create the seed idea for Cisco’s next billion-dollar business.
Idea submissions should fall in one of four categories:
- The Future of Work: New solutions that accelerate and change the way we do business
- The Connected Life: Technological inspirations that dramatically improve living conditions and disseminate culture
- New Ways to Learn: Next-generation solutions that transform when, where, and how people learn.
- The Future of Entertainment: New solutions that change how people play together
What is the Cisco I-Prize?
Cisco I-Prize is an event where Cisco looks beyond its own resources and turns to the global community, the Human Network, to identify its next major business opportunity. Participants are invited to submit ideas. Before you do so, consider what problems your idea addresses, how it’s new and different, and who comprises your target market.
Cisco will select up to 32 semifinalist teams that will work with Cisco experts to build a business plan and presentation, using state-of-the-art collaboration tools. Up to eight finalist teams will present their business ideas to a judging panel to compete for the grand prize: a $250,000 award shared equally by members of the winning team.
How to enter?
To enter the Contest , visit http://www.cisco.com/iprize through April 30, 2010.
What are the different phases of the program?
- Phase I: Brainstorm: Three months: Innovators register and submit ideas and summary proposals. Other registered participants comment and vote on submissions. Find like-minded innovators and form your dream idea team.
- Phase II: Refine: One month: Semifinalist teams collaborate to build their business and technology plan. Define the market opportunity, technology and unique insights that will make this a business.
- Phase III: Finals: One month: Finalist teams present their business plans to the final judging panel of industry luminaries and Cisco senior executives. They will use Cisco TelePresence to communicate their ideas, passion, and energy.
Enter your email address to receive notifications of new posts.